Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post #2


In case you're wondering what I've been reading, they're two completely opposite books. The Road by Cormac McCarthy is a bleak look at the future. It's well-written and all, but be prepared for vivid descriptions of grayness and the things desperate people may do in the case of a nuclear annihilation of the human race. (Well, maybe it was just an asteroid that hit the earth--he never says exactly.)

My church book group chose The Ultimate Gift, a quick read describing the 12 keys to a happy life (as long as you don't get caught in a nuclear war or maybe get in the way of a stray asteroid). They were both thought-provoking in their own way.

Edited to add: Since you 3 readers are lucky, Elise broke into my blog and posted the pictures for me!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, it looks so pretty with pictures! I have to say that The Road looks mildly interesting, though probably not at the top of my list. The Ultimate Gift-- let's just say that when I was looking up the pictures, I read the synopsis and a couple of reviews... no thanks. :)

I'll show you how to do pictures and links and stuff on FRIDAY!!! HOORAY!!!

P.S. Dad has a blog now too!

Caitlan said...

Yay Mom I love to read your writing! Even if it was just book reviews, which are interesting, I definitely think writing is something you passed on to your daughters! (Which is evident as we all have blogs...:) hooray) Anyway, those look like random, but thought provoking, books. And I am sad I'm not hanging out with you guys this weekend.:(